God loves you. He created you to enjoy a wonderful life here on earth and with Him in heaven. God wants you to know the wonderful plan He has for you. In order to experience God’s plan for your life, there are several important facts you must believe from the Bible:
- But your iniquities have separated between you and your God.-Isaiah 59:2
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. -Romans 3:23
Sin is willful disobedience to God’s plan for your life. You have chosen to disobey God and go your own way. You are sinful and God is holy. A great gulf separates you and God.
- The soul that sinneth, it shall die. -Ezekiel 18:4
- For the wages of sin is death.-Romans 6:23
As a sinner, you are condemned to spend eternity in hell to pay for your sin.
- Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. -Galatians 2:16
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us. – Titus 3:5
Many people think that the gulf which separates them from God can be bridged by good works, religion, church membership, baptism, or even clean living. However, there is only one payment acceptable in the sight of God … Jesus Christ.
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. –Romans 5:8
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. –2 Corinthians 5:21
- For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God. – 1 Peter 3:18
The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life Yet God took all of your sin and placed it on Christ while He was on the cross. God punished Jesus Christ in your place to pay the debt you owed and to bring you to Him.
- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. – Romans 10:9-10
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. – John 1:12
Receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Savior means to trust Him and depend totally on Him for your salvation. You must believe that He died for your sins, was buried and rose from the dead according to the Scriptures. You receive Jesus Christ by faith, calling upon Him in prayer to come into your life, forgive you of your sin, and give you eternal life.
The Prayer of Faith
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. – John 14:6
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and I deserve to die and go to hell. But I do believe that you died on the cross for my sins. Right now I am trusting you to be my Savior. Thank you for forgiving my sin and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life and help me to be a good Christian. Amen.
What’s next after salvation?
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. – Ephesians 2:10
Our good works have nothing to do with securing our salvation. However, once
we are saved, God wants our lives to produce good works.
Here are a few things that God wants you to do now that Christ is your personal
- Follow Christ in baptism. – Acts 8:35-40
- Read the Bible to grow spiritually. – Matthew 4:4
- Attend a Bible-believing church weekly. – Hebrews 10:25
- Tell others about Jesus Christ. – Acts 1:8
Please let us know if you have prayed to receive Christ, we would like to be in touch with you to help you learn more about baptism and growing in your new faith. Just contact us via phone or email and someone from our ministry will be in touch.